A septic tank is designed to provide what is known as primary treatment to crude wastewater produced in a normal domestic environment. It retains solids and allows them to settle out, where they can be partially broken down by biological action so that only the remaining liquid is left to flow down the outlet drain. This liquor (normally called effluent) is then sufficiently treated to soak into the ground in an underground soak away system.
We source these units from manufacturers across the Uk – so product appearance may vary from the illustration above. ALL tanks meet the specifications below.
- CE Approved to BSEN 12566-1
- Designed in accordance with British Standard Code BS6297
- One piece moulded medium density polyethylene tank
- Lifting eyes
- Adjustable invert level from 770mm (standard) to 440mm (minimum)
- 110mm inlet and outlet connections
- 600mm access lid
- 110mm connection for rodding access
- Extension neck available for deeper invert levels
- Tank is impact resistant
- Wide base for stabiliy
- Easier handling with lifting eyes
- Availble in 4 different systems, serving 1-22 inhabients
Please note: Tank sizes quoted are subject to a +/- 3% variation
*Deliveries will be made by 44′ articulated lorry and it is the customers responsibility to ensure safe, adequate access, turning space and provide their own off loading facilities. Off loading of heavy items should be made by fork lift or similar heavy lifting equipment. If there is any doubt about delivery access or off loading please contact us to discuss the options available. Please allow a minimum of 7-10 working days for delivery.